|Fur coat, A.J. Ugent Furs, ugentfurs.com; Relativity sweater and necklace, Boston Store,
bostonstore.com; Equipment blouse and Zadig & Voltaire skirt, Faye’s, fayes123.com;
Giorgio Armani shoes, Aversa, aversaforher.com; stockings, stylist’s own
Fall’s biggest trends reflect just how globally inspired fashion has become. While the “mad for plaid” movement draws influences from the English countryside, denim’s return embodies all things Americana, and the detailed embroidery and fur collar pairing channels a clear Russian doll vibe. Other standout trends — which include moody florals, whimsical polka dots and red, the “it” color of the season — further showcase designers’ penchant toward a certain sense of sophisticated playfulness. Life’s too short to be taken too seriously, after all. — Jen Kent
Photos by David Szymanski; Styling by Jen Daoust; Makeup by Maggie Kerr, Wide Eyed Beauty; Hair by Lara Huber, Wide Eyed Beauty; Model: Ciena Pyter, Ohlsson Model & Talent; Styling Assistant: Emma Larson; Location: The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
Makeup Artist Maggie Kerr’s Top 5: The beauty products she used most on this shoot.
• NARS Cosmetics sheer lipstick in Roman Holiday — the soft, pinkish lip color used on the cover and opening look.
• Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow — an all-over primer and/or highlighter. “The gold undertone makes everyone look like a Brazilian goddess, and it works with most skin tones,” adds Kerr.
• Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara — “the Maserati of mascaras,” Kerr says.
• NARS Cosmetics bronzer in Laguna — “A classic,” says Kerr. “The golden undertone works with all skin tones.”
• Clé de Peau Beauté concealer (used in Ivory on Ciena) — “It gives amazing coverage without looking like you have spackle on your face,” Kerr explains.
|St. Emile blazer, sweater and blouse, Aversa, aversaforher.com; Parker Smith jeans, Faye’s,
fayes123.com; Vaneli shoes, Picardy Shoe Parlour, (262) 241-5578 or (262) 784-3434;
Maison Margiela bag, Spruce, spruce-shop.com; M.C.L by Matthew Campbell Laurenza
jester necklace, Faye’s
|Fur vest, A.J. Ugent Furs; Ulla Johnson denim dress, Spruce; Relativity shirt, Boston Store;
Sigerson Morrison boots, Aversa; tights, stylist’s own
|Raquel Allegra sweatshirt, Spruce; Calvin Klein tracksuit and Not Rated shoes, Boston Store;
Jenny Bird necklace, Faye’s; Michael Kors watch, Boston Store; socks, stylist’s own
|Alice and Olivia dress, Faye’s; Commes des Garçons Play shirt, Spruce; Erica Lyons necklace,
Boston Store; headband and tights, stylist’s own
|Nicole Miller dress, Giorgio Armani shoes and Daniella Lehavi clutch, Aversa||Ulla Johnson sweater, Spruce; M.C.L by Matthew Campbell Laurenza skull ring,
Faye’s; belt, stylist’s own